Saturday 17 March 2012

I bloody love 'Scrubs'

I'm sure I wrote on here that, although it's gonna be mainly theatre/arts/ents based, I'll write about whatever. It's my prerogative, it is my blog after all.

So I've been watching Scrubs again, it is possibly my favourite TV show ever! It's definitely my favourite sitcom (with Frasier coming 2nd). Even though the 2nd half of it's run it started to go slightly down hill, and I even refuse to acknowledge the 10th season where they introduced almost all new characters, it will always remind me of my 20s (even though I'm still in them!).
(Incidentally,  imagine my excitement when I heard Zach Braff's new play was doing a small tour before it was going to the West End, and imagine my disappointment, albeit inevitable, when it turned out that the "tour" of the "UK" was Edinburgh and Manchester)  :(
As well as being a hilarious comedy it has also introduced me to some awesome music and bands and also reminded of some others.

So here's a list of my 15 favourite songs featured in Scrubs (my fave TV show):

 












  1. Cheap Trick - I Want You to Want Me
  2. Colin Hay - Overkill
  3. Leroy - Good Time
  4. Billy Joel - Sometimes a Fantasy
  5. The Shins - New Slang The Shins is the band that I discovered because of the show.
  6. Cast & Jill Tracy - Waiting for My Real Life To Begin I love this song, and this version sung by the cast, it's also in my favourite overall episode.
  7. Journey - Don't Stop Believing Everyone thinks Glee made Journey 'popular' again, but it didn't, Scrubs did!
  8. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - American Girl
  9. Josh Joplin Group - Camera One
  10. Tammany Hall NYC - Cindy
  11. Old 97s - Question
  12. The Fray - How To Save A Life
  13. Barenaked Ladies - If I Had A $1,000,000
  14. Guided By Voices - Hold On Hope 
  15. Nina Simone - Sinnerman 
Lazlo Bane - Superman No list of Scrubs songs is complete without the song used as its' theme song.

And, as well as bringing some great music to my attention, Scrubs also confirmed that Alanis Morissette is awesome!

0 comments:

Post a Comment