Sunday 18 March 2012

Bobble hats and ticket stubs!

So, who won the Grand Slam on Saturday?!... Oh yeah, we did!

So yeah, Wales won the Six Nations! (Amazeballs!) And the Daily Mail was up in arms about the drunkards, and general state of Cardiff on Saturday night... obviously they haven't seen Cardiff on a regular Saturday when there hasn't even been any rugby on! One of my mates on fbook said that all the pictures did was make him wish he had been there to watch the match, and I know just what he means. I was in Cardiff when we won in 2005, the first time since- (well I don't know when), and that was awesome!... I can't remember where I watched the 2008 win. My father never took me to the rugby when I was a kid, like you see kids with their parents at the stadium on TV. The first time I remember rugby being really big was when we hosted the World Cup in the (then) new Millennium Stadium... we even got to finish school early to watch the opening ceremony - we watched some of it in our Media Studies class, quite out of character for our headmistress because she stopped our non-uniform days for charity, because it would distract us. PAH! I got my first Welsh jersey, back then they were actually still rugby jerseys rather than the stretchy nonsense they are now, I bought it in a Tesco in Twickenham - oh, the irony! Talking about fans' jerseys, why do you never see those red and white bobble-hats that everyone seems to wear when you see footage of matches from the 70s/80s?!... I want one! You just see huge groups of people in daffodil heads, inflatable hats, or fans generally looking, well, stupid... am I getting old?! Although I thought those ridiculous head adornments were stupid ten years ago!

Anyway, my grandad used to love rugby and he also never threw out stuff like programmes and even clippings from newspapers. I think that must be where I get it from, my growing collection of programmes shows no sign of stopping. I can't throw anything away either. Then I saw this - Ticket Stub Diary, this looks awesome! I've got tickets in drawers, coat pockets, inside books and an envelope full of them; cinema tickets, theatre tickets, exhibit tickets, etc! This definitely appeals to the massive geek in me... who am I kidding, my geek side isn't hidden. Though, it may just be too geeky even for me.

...I'm off to search the internet for stripey bobble-hats and ticket stub diaries.

0 comments:

Post a Comment